The units studied are as follows:
- Introduction to Geography: understanding the different aspects of human, physical and environmental geography.
- Population and Migration: understand why people move around the world. Thinking about the factors behind these moves.
- Impossible Places: understanding how sequences of events and activities in the physical and human world lead to change in places.
- Adventure Landscapes: understanding how sequences of events in the physical world lead to changes in places and landscapes.
- Development: understand that development is a complex issue and how it varies globally.
- Rivers and Flooding: understand the physical processes that shape rivers and think about how humans can manage rivers.
- Fantastic Places: understand and appreciate the fascinating world we live in.
- Globalisation: explore how the world is connected.
- China: understand the social, economic, political and environmental dynamics of China.
- Ecosystems: describe and explain the characteristics of a forest environment, evaluating the impacts humans have on this ecosystem.
- Natural Hazards – Part 1 Volcanoes and Part 2 Earthquakes and Tsunamis: understand tectonic processes and the impacts these processes have on humans.
- Weather and Climate: understand the complex ideas behind the world’s weather.
- Resource Management: explore how important it is to try and ensure we have enough resources globally.
- New India: to explore the physical and human Geography of India: an Asian Super Giant Awakens.
- Map Skills
- Tropical Rainforests
- Cold Environments